Chicago, IL, United States
Customer Service, Logistics, Operations, Bluecollar
REQ ID: 158641
JOB FUNCTION: Air Freight
CONTRACT TYPE: Regular Employment
JOB LEVEL: Entry-level
The Panalpina Group is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining intercontinental Air and Ocean Freight with comprehensive Value-Added Logistics Services and Supply Chain Services. We operate a global network with some 500 branches in more than 80 countries, and employ approximately 15,000 people worldwide.
We are looking to hire an Air Import Customer Service Agent to serve as a point of contact for the customer and documentation processing staff, ensuring operational excellence, high productivity and customer satisfaction.
* Receive and track P.O.s from Importers/customer service group for pending shipments
* Retrieve shipment details from Shipment Communication Platform (SCP) to open file
* Issue shipment handling instructions to Document Processing staff
* Answer all customer inquires in accordance with the Customer Service Policy standards
* Further increase customer satisfaction and business share through proactive and regular contact. Establish customer communication preference, i.e., phone, e-mail, fax, visit
* Communicate with and ensure release of the freight from ocean/air carriers.
* Notify customer / broker of arrival and charges and notify PGAs of arrival (if required)
* Provide accurate job costing forecast
* Handle and manage all customer contact at file level regarding exceptions
* Serve as a liasion between Document Processing and customer regarding all shipment details
* Assist Sales in compiling quotes by providing rates, tariffs, etc.
* Work with Sales on account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from Sales to Operations.
* Other duties as requested.
* Excellent knowledge of freight forwarding and regulatory requirements with proven track record of 2 years in industry (Import)
* Proficient in Panalpina forwarding and MS Office applications
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with Internal and External Customers
* Good judgment skills and ability to make decisions
* Team Player
Website : http://www.panalpina.com
The Panalpina Group is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions. The company combines its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions. Drawing on in-depth industry know-how and customized IT systems, Panalpina manages the needs of its customers' supply chains, no matter how demanding they might be. Energy and Project Solutions is a specialized service for the energy and capital projects sector. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 75 countries, and it works with partner companies in a further 90 countries. Panalpina employs over 15,000 people worldwide who deliver a comprehensive service to the highest quality standards – wherever and whenever.