Earth Fare, Inc.
Seminole, FL, United States
Bluecollar, Chef, Customer Service
(Job Code 1402)
Bakery (Dept. Number 372)
Responsible for upholding Earth Fare’s Vision, Mission, Declaration and
Customer Service Creed, and adhering to the departments Standard Operating Procedures.
Works independently and in a team to ensure the daily baking of muffins, cookies, Danishes
and croissants for the dry case and sales floor is completed based upon production guidelines.
Will open and close the Bakery Department and is responsible for providing exceptional
customer service at all times.
1) Adheres to the Earth Fare vision, standard operating procedures and merchandising
guidelines, with a strong emphasis on customer service, safety and sanitation. Maintains
a positive and professional work environment. (20%)
2) Production: Responsible for baking muffins, cookies, Danishes and croissants. Monitors
the Bakery Manager Production Level list and takes necessary steps to fulfill production
requirements. Sets and maintains baked goods case and sales floor to include product,
signage, and rotation for freshness. (40%)
3) Operational Tasks: Provides excellent customer service at the bakery counter and other
areas as needed. Turns ovens and other equipment on and off as required. Scoops
batter for muffins, cookies and breakfast items to prepare for the following days
production. Packages dry case items to move baked good to sales floor. Wraps pastry
trays to ensure proper freshness and storage. Slices bread for customers as needed.
Participates in scheduled inventory counts, attends required department and store
meetings, and performs miscellaneous job related duties as assigned by the Bakery
4) Merchandising: Maintains an attractive sales floor by implementing Earth Fare
merchandising guidelines as outlined by the Bakery Manager. (10%)
5) Department Conditions: Maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and overall organization of the
department including all fixtures, storage, work stations, freezers, and coolers. (10%)
Total Percentage Equals 100%
1. Must demonstrate excellent customer service to customers and Team Members at all
2. Must be able to work independently and within a team setting.
3. Must be organized and pay close attention to detail.
4. Must be able to multi-task and assist customers while completing necessary production
duties within the bakery.
5. Must be able to read and follow both written and verbal instruction from the Bakery
Manager and other store management.
6. Must demonstrate manual dexterity with potentially hazardous equipment (mixers,
slicers, ovens, etc.).
1. Previous experience baking or cooking in a restaurant, bakery or catering environment
2. Experience working in a retail and/or customer service oriented environment preferred.
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through levels of education and
experience, however, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience, which
provide an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties
and responsibilities of the job, is acceptable.
1. Works in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer service.
2. May work in environments of extreme cold and extreme heat.
3. May be exposed to odors, fumes, smoke and loud noise associated with working in a
1. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. (In the event an item weighs over 50 pounds the
Team Member should have another member of the team help lift the item).
2. Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel and squat.
3. Must be able to push, pull, and maneuver heavy loads.
4. Must be able to stand and be on one’s feet the majority of the work day.
ADA: Earth Fare will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO: Earth Fare does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion,
age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital
status in employment or the provision of services.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with
business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Seminole, Florida, United States
Earth Fare, Inc.
Website : http://www.earthfare.com/
As one of the largest natural food retailers in the nation, Earth Fare makes healthy eating convenient, affordable, fun and – of course – delicious! With 28 stores in eight states, we offer everything from ready-to-go meal options, local and organic farm fresh fruits and vegetables, and full service meat, poultry and seafood departments.