Hartford, CT, United States
Bluecollar, Logistics, Customer Service
May 18, 2022
Aug 31, 2022
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
The three key initiatives of this position are:
1. 100% Inventory Accuracy
2. 100% compliance to commitment dates on all material movements
3. 100% compliance to all transactional activities to ensure proper cost allocation and inventory status
In your role, you will:
• Responsible for planning, organizing and controlling a warehouse's over-all operations.
• Receive and inspect incoming and outgoing materials; order and distribute materials. Maintain inventory of purchased and manufactured parts, materials, tools and ground support equipment.
• Involves prolonged use of a computer (i.e. Keyboard, mouse and monitor) and sitting a normal position.
• Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements (Factory, Shop and / or Hanger positions)
• Comply with environmental health / safety policies / procedures. Participate in 5-S activities. Perform all work in a safe and timely manner
• Receive / visually inspect all incoming and outgoing materials for physical damage
• Order and distribute parts, materials, tools and ground support equipment with regard to aircraft delivery schedules
• Verify and reconcile appropriate documentation on incoming and outgoing parts and materials
• Maintain accurate inventory (via cycle counts, perpetual, work-in-progress) using computerized / manual systems to include purchased parts, manufactured parts, materials, tools, etc.
• Locate and initiate the purchase of materials, tools and purchase orders via communication with suppliers and inter-company operations.
• Expedite status of external and internal parts orders and purchase orders via communication with suppliers and inter-company operations.
• Track materials, tools and ground support equipment for the purpose of recertification and maintenance schedules
• Maintain shortage report to track orders and communicate status to management.
• Assist in loading / unloading shipments
• Transport and stock materials from one location to another as required throughout the facility
• Issue hand tools, machine tools, dies and / or rental equipment to aircraft operators and authorized personnel
• Help manage core returns, repairs and invoice processing with accounts payable
• Determine priority items to ensure timely routing
• Seek out and implement cost reduction measures in all aspects of warehouse transactions and activities
• Negotiate rates with common carrier representatives
As our ideal candidate,
- You have experience in Warehouse
- You have experience in Shipping / Receiving
- You have experience working in a Tool Crib
- You have basic knowledge of parts Procurement
- You have basic knowledge of computers to input and retrieve data for inventory management.
- You have a valid Driver's License
- You have customer service experience
- You have the ability to multi-task
- You have the ability to work under pressure
- You have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- You are a Six Sigma Green Belt - preferred
- You have experience assisting in the establishment of project goals, milestones, and procedures - preferred
- You have computer skills necessary to learn and/or operate word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, email and web-based applications.
- You have advanced knowledge of all MS Office software - with strong skills in Excel an Access - preferred
- You have working knowledge of assembly and manufacturing processes - preferred
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
JOB: Material and Stock Control
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-CT-Hartford
ZIP CODE: US 06096
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
Job Posting: 25.01.2022, 10:36:19 AM
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing
Website : http://www.bombardier.com