Atlanta, GA, United States
Help Desk, Customer Service, Engineering
Customer Engineer','1900000053','United States-Georgia-Atlanta','','Engineering','Jan 8, 2019','!*!
At Vertiv, we design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments.
The Customer Engineer is responsible for the installation, preventive maintenance, scheduled and emergency services on Vertiv (Liebert) Manufactured Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) products serviced by Vertiv. A company vehicle, laptop, smartphone, and tools will be provided. Benefits provided include: health insurance, prescription plans, dental, vacation, paid holidays, 401K and Profit Sharing. We provide an excellent training program for new hires and excellent professional growth opportunity. Currently hiring in various locations across the United States.
Why Vertiv is the best company for Field Engineers:
· State of the art training facility
· Career progression with multiple career path opportunities
· Excellent benefits including: Company vehicle, smartphone, laptop, 401k, Profit Sharing, & Generous PTO/Vacation Plan, Medical, Vision & Dental & more.
· 4.4 Billion Dollar Global Industry Leader
· Strong Internal Infrastructure; 24-hour Customer, Technical and Factory Support
· Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life balance
· Military and Veteran focused organization
· Strong Safety Program ','!*!
Render technical on-site and phone assistance to customers
Perform general and preventive maintenance on Uninterruptible Power Supply systems
Respond to emergency calls at customer’s request
Strive to provide all customers a 'first time fix' for their equipment
Provide accurate and timely communication to internal and external customers
Keep current on Safety Field Change Notices and Service Tips
Provide accurate and timely reporting of time cards, expense reports, etc.
While performing duties of the above jobs, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or other components; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The associate frequently is required to sit and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must have ability to regularly lift at least 50 pounds. Valid driver’s license is required.
· Associates Degree in Electronics or Military Electronics Training a plus
· 4 years of hands on electronic experience
· Prior field service experience preferred
· 3 phase/480v experience preferred
· Familiarity with electrical/electronic test equipment and fundamentals
· Ability to read and interpret electrical line diagrams and blueprints
· Working knowledge of OHM's law and electronic theory
· Ability to evaluate the operating conditions of equipment
· Standard computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
· Mechanical aptitude
· Clear, concise, written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of internal and external customers
· Must have the ability and self motivation to manage one's own schedule','!*!About VertivAt Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup.We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $4.4 billion in sales, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Vertiv. Explore them now and join our team of 19,000 employees in making the future of our customers’ business possible.
Work AuthorizationNo calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.Equal Opportunity Employer
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.','Customer Engineer
Website : https://www.vertivco.com
At Vertiv, your vision is our passion. It’s why we design, build and service mission critical technologies that enable vital applications for data centers, communication networks, and commercial and industrial environments. Formerly Emerson Network Power, we support today's growing mobile and cloud computing markets with our portfolio of power, thermal and infrastructure management products, software and solutions, all complemented by our global service network. We help strengthen the world’s most vital applications by bringing together global reach and local knowledge, and our decades-long heritage including brands like ASCO, Chloride, Liebert, NetSure and Trellis. It’s an uncommon combination of resources and expertise and one that allows you to truly realize what’s possible.